Tuesday 11 January 2022

Life ~ john roedel

 this isn't how I planned for 

my life to look like," I whispered

under my breath as I walked to my car

"tell me about it,"

an eavesdropping cloud

replied to me from above 

I looked up and watched

the cloud billow between looking

like a dove and an open hand

the cloud continued:

"I used to be a snowfield in Montana.

I used to be a dewdrop kiss on a lily.

I used to be a puddle in a parking lot.

I used to be a river in Mexico.

I used to be a glacier.

I used to be a waterfall mist in a jungle.

I used to be so many things.

"doesn't that make you sad?" I asked the cloud

"it used to - but not anymore," the cloud replied while wrapping herself around me like a scarf.  "I don't think either of us were created to stay the same form our entire life."

"I’m not sure I can let go of my old life," I sighed

"oh you simply must," the cloud whispered in my ear. 

" because once you release what you used to be

and embrace who you are meant to be now - 

something amazing will happen," the cloud said

"what's that?" I asked while looking at my hands that were beginning to billow and shapeshift. 

"you'll start to float."

and with that my feet lifted off the ground 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fishing Boats on the Beach at Saintes-Maries-De-La-Mer (On Van Gogh's painting) 
- Jude Goodwin

One of these boats carried Mary,     put to sea by the Romans,     the crying woman, hands wrapped with rags     that smell of myrrh. And...